Thursday, November 21, 2013

d-d-distance

sometimes i wonder if i didn't choose to be here. what the universe would be if i was still living there, in my hometown?

i just finished making a phone call to my mom, and i miss her. i miss her BIG time.

i don't regret my decision to get the hell away from Jakarta, the very city where i used to live. don't get me wrong. Jakarta is my hometown, it always will be. but Semarang fits me (somehow) better. i know that it only has been 3 months, but i like Semarang better than Jakarta already. the city is peaceful, it's quiet. i don't get pissed off all the time, and that's not because i've became more patient but simply because the people barely do things that could make me wanna beat them the hell up.

there i said it, i don't regret not living in Jakarta right now. i miss Jakarta and things and people that come around with it sometimes, but i like it better. i like to miss them, rather than to have them with me in their physical presences all the time. distance teaches me how to love better, it teaches me that distance means so little when someone (or in my case, some people) means so much. distance tells me who are my friends, the ones that really are mine. distance shows me how big the love that my family has for me, how much they care about me even when thousand kilometers set us apart.

the bottom line is this: i don't think i'd known these things if i chose to stay. i still think that i made a (very) right choice, to be here, far away from the loved ones. i just think that this is the price that i have to pay. the price for what? for so many great things, the ones that had happened and the ones that will.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment